Friday, February 9, 2007

What the f**k!---My college life-Part 4

As I have already mentioned in a blog post, I hate to sit idle, so I generally carry a book to read during lectures and the free time I have. On Wednesday I decided to take a text book with me as I had got the book-bank the day before(new books somehow motivate me to study).
I don't know why but someone so desperate for the book stole it. I was reading it, moved away from my seat for 10 seconds, came back...poof!, the book was gone. I asked around in the class if anyone had just taken it for a look, NO.
It is a pity that a student of a college like DCE can do something so cheap but I guess it is nothing new. Every other day you hear about friends loosing stuff from their hostel room.
The college library seems to be the worst victim though, first I have to mention that DCE's state-of-art library is the pride of the college and not many colleges in India can boast of a library like that. But DCE's students do not seem to appreciate the excellent facilities they have been provided with, they take home with them everything they can. Stealing of books are common form the library.
Recently about 20-30 computers were installed in the library for the students who wanted to refer to the vast online resources(the membership of which the college has bought), but guess what, there are no mice on the library computers. Why? You should have guessed it by now, THEY have stolen them too.

3 comments:

Ajay said...

hey i completely agree wid u man
i know of this guy who has a master key made so that he can keep his course books in a drawer of the pc tables i the lib...all 4 him to use.he s also very difficult when it comes to lending nething.this is india man.not just dce.i m sick of this attitude too.some1 came to my room n stole my stationary case...emptied out the stationary!

Siddhant said...

ui! and i thought the college authorities have removed them to demotivate students from orkutting... :D

Anonymous said...

dont get disheartened my friend! you will get the book back someday...if not the book then atleast the culprit's identity revealed , before you receive your degree.